Morningside-Bay Point Real Estate
Morningside is Miami’s first Historic neighborhood. It was developed in the 1920’s (1922) by James Nunnally, who made his fortune with a candy company he owned up in the North East. It was the first development in Miami to have a fresh drinking water system distributed in underground pipes from a nearby water purification station. Zoning restrictions required the purchaser of a fully developed lot to build a home that costed a minimum of $7,000 to construct. Of the 400 homes, 140 are considered Historic. Morningside remains highly desirable because the homes were designed by Miami’s most famous architects and because of the proximity to downtown, the Design District, the 112 Airport Expressway, and Beaches. Every year in April, the Morningside Historic Home Tour opens 8 homes to the public for tours.
Neighborhood features include:
- Many homes are bayfront
- Homes range from 1,800 – 4,000 Sq.Ft.
- Gated Community
- Morningside Park
- Many of the Historic streets have landscaped medians
- Spanish, Mediterranean, Art Deco and Mimo homes
- Close to downtown, the Design District, the 112 Airport Expressway and Beaches.
- Proximity to Cushman School