Morningside-Bay Point Real Estate
Historic Homes in Morningside, Miami
Gated Morningside is one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in Miami-Dade. It was first developed in the 1920s with wide medians, a thick canopy of mature trees, and beautiful views of Biscayne Bay. Located in Miami’s upper east side, 10 minutes from Downtown and 15 minutes to the Miami Airport, Morningside was the first neighborhood in Miami to be designated a historic neighborhood protecting many of Miami’s most beautiful pre-war homes from being ruined. These homes were designed by the most famous architects in Florida at the time.
Morningside Miami Homes for Sale
If you are looking for beautiful art-deco, old Spanish, Italian Mediterranean or MIMO architecture, Morningside has it all. Morningside’s parameters are NE 50th street north to NE 60TH street, and Biscayne Blvd east to Biscayne Bay. Guard gates are located on NE 50th street and NE 58th Street. Homes in Morningside range from 1800sf to 4,000 sf, and prices for dry lot homes for sale in Morningside range from $650k-$2 million. Homes for sale on the wide bay average $3 million.
Morningside was developed before WW ll for all year round living for the wealthiest Miami Residents. Many of the homes for sale in Morningside Miami have guest cottages, pools and large garages. The northern part of Morningside has sidewalks and lushly landscaped medians in the streets. The southern portion of Morningside has large front lawns instead of sidewalks and more MIMO style homes. These homes were built mostly after WW ll.
Because Morningside is so close to downtown, many residents commute to professional jobs located downtown which is a very short commute. close to the NE 36th street causeway, you are also a 15-minute drive to the beaches.
Interesting facts about Morningside Miami
- Developed in 1922 by James Nunnally founder of Nunnally Candy Company.
- The first Miami development to have a fresh drinking water system distributed in underground pipes from a nearby water purification station.
- Became Miami’s first historic district in 1984.
- 140 out of 400 homes are considered Historic.
- The Morningside Historic Homes for sale Tour opens 8 homes to the public for tours every year in April.
- Pope John Paul II stayed in Morningside when he visited the United States.
Things to do in Morningside
- Morningside Park: This Miami park is five blocks of beautiful greenery along Biscayne Bay. The waterfront park features tennis and basketball courts, a playground, a baseball field, a municipal pool, picnic benches, walking trails, kayak, and paddleboard rentals, and beautiful views of the bay.
- Restaurants: Although a residential paradise, by simply crossing Biscayne Boulevard there is a variety of food options from Mediterranean cuisine at Cafe Roval to pizzas and house-made wine at Andiamo and modern American bistro at Soyka.
Schools near Morningside Miami
- The Cushman school
- Morningside K8 Academy
- Morningside Montessori School
- Morningside Elementary School
- Phyllis R. Miller Elementary School
Best Morningside Miami Realtors
The Jack Coden Group is available anytime to answer questions about Morningside Miami homes for sale and Real Estate listings. Contact Now